DAY 1: THE BASICS
- Workshop BEGINS 9am
- Workshop WRAPS 5pm
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW, BUT DIDN'T KNOW TO ASK:
1. INTRODUCTION to Styling:
- How I got into styling and an intro into styling as a career
- What is expected from an assistant and a stylist and how to get started
- Different jobs within the industry
- Trend forecasting
- Social Media
2. Starting with the Basics:
- Setting up for a fitting or a shoot
- How to use your styling kit and styling tools
- General overview and questions to ask when prepping and wrapping a styling job
- How to take measurements and what all the sizing means
- Dressing for different body types
- Invoices, billing and paperwork you need to master in order to run a successful styling business
3. How to get an agent and key steps to building an amazing styling portfolio
Day 1 Guest Speakers
DAY 2: CELEBRITY
A-Z OF CELEBRITY STYLING (9am - 5pm)
RED CARPET TUTORIAL:
- How to build a celebrity's red carpet portfolio
- Designers and lending
- Celebrity press tours and major events
- Each student / attendee will receive a gift card. They will follow and execute a set brief using their newly acquired skills, and how the questions asked of their' client' culminated in the success of their final look. Each student will get to keep the clothes as well!
- The exercise will culminate with a review and round up by Anita after the 'style out' as well as a q & a with the 'client and the 'stylist'.
Day 2 Guest Speakers
DAY 3: EDITORIAL
CREATING AND EXECUTING A HIGH END EDITORIAL
1. A-Z of styling an editorial shoot
2. The Photoshoot:
- World renowned celebrity photographers will shoot a unique individual photo for each styling student.
- Each 'student' will style a professional model, in looks provided by the International Style Institute from pre-selected clothing and mood boards created by Anita Patrickson.
- Top LA based hair stylists & makeup artists will be onsite to assist each student and to take direction on, in order to create the 'stylists' desired look.
- Students leave with a glossy, raw image that will be used as their first photo in their styling portfolio
- Anita Patrickson and her team will be onsite to mentor and assist each student as they create, manage, style and shoot their very first photoshoot!
Day 3 Guest Speakers
COCKTAIL HOUR NETWORKING EVENT